(Please report any broken links using our Contact Form.)
General Interest - Turtles and Tortoises
- Turtles of the World - the classic reference, continuously updated, with Plastral Formulas, a key, and much more! C.H. Ernst, R.G.M. Altenburg & R.W. Barbour.
- Chelonian Research Foundation Chelonian Research Foundation is a nonprofit organization founded in 1992 for the production, publication, and support of worldwide turtle and tortoise research, with an emphasis on the scientific basis of chelonian diversity and conservation biology.
- World Chelonian Trust The Mission of the World Chelonian Trust (WCT) is to promote the conservation and assure the survival of all tortoises and freshwater turtles.
- Animal Diversity Web - Testudines. Animal Diversity Web (ADW) is an online database of animal natural history, distribution, classification, and conservation biology at the University of Michigan.
- Carettochelys.com Carettochelys.com is a site dedicated to the accurate and up to date information on Gondwanan Turtles of the families Chelidae; Pelomedusidae and Carettochelydidae.
- Snapping Turtle Courtship By Photographer Marsha Seyffert
- RADIATA - Germany
- Home of the German Chelonia Group (AG Schildkröten) English Language Pages
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) page on Salmonella and turtles
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) page on Salmonella and turtles
- The Basking Spot The Internet spot for Herp News and Links
- Crocodilian, Tuatara, and Turtle Species of the World An Online Taxonomic and Geographic Reference
- Reptile Forums ReptileForums.com is dedicated to providing our members with a place to share information regarding reptiles in a fun, online community.
- Virginia Reptile Rescue"Food For Thought, It's Not For Convenience" an article by Bonnie Keller on why commercial reptile foods should not be used.
- Connecticut Herpetofaunal Web Site Amphibian and reptile species in Connecticut include species dependant on vernal pools and fragile trap-rock habitat. Some species live in tidal salt marshes, while others require cool, clean mountain streams.
- Please click daily to help feed rescued animals in shelters!
- Box Turtle Partnership of Texas Help save Texas Box Turtles. Report box turtles that you encounter in the wild to the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department.
- Ornate Box Turtle (Terrapene ornata ornata): A Technical Conservation Assessment
- Lake Jackson Ecopassage Read and help save the turtles that cross US Hwy 27 in Tallahassee, Florida, The World's Worst Turtle-killing Highway! Warning Graphic Photos!
- Save The Alabama Red-bellied Turtle Alliance Alabama's official state reptile is Endangered and could go extinct. It has the smallest distribution of any North American turtle species. Read and help save these turtles that cross the Mobile Causeway (US 90/98) between Spanish Fort and Mobile, Alabama. Warning Graphic Photos!
- Turtle Survival Alliance A partnership network for sustainable captive management of Freshwater Turtles and Tortoises.
- Turtle Conservationist Promoting turtle conservation and how to help.
- Green Forest: Turtles Educational Resource for Children Encourages Greater Protection for Vietnam’s Endangered Turtles
- Photos of Box Turtles Wired with Transmitters Research done by J.D. Kleopfer, reptile expert for the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
- Northeast Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation- Box Turtle Postcard & Video
- Tortoise Trust The TORTOISE TRUST is the world's largest tortoise and turtle organization, with members in more than 26 countries. For almost 20 years the Tortoise Trust has consistently developed new methods of husbandry, and has actively campaigned for the conservation and protection of tortoises and turtles around the world.
- Tortoise Protection Group This site is dedicated to helping ensure the survival of tortoises in the wild by campaigning for a ban on the importation of tortoises for the commercial pet trade, and to promote high standards of husbandry to tortoise keepers in the UK.
- Gopher Tortoise Council The Gopher Tortoise Council (GTC) was formed in 1978 by a group of biologists and others concerned about the range-wide decline of the gopher tortoise (Gopherus polyphemus).
- Gopher Tortoise Fact Sheet From the Savannah River Ecology Laboratory
- The Gopher Tortoise Organization and Gopher Tortoise Services Inc.
- Egyptian Tortoise Testudo kleinmanni Its natural history, its captive care, its beauty, its lore. . .
- The Russian Tortoise This site is dedicated to the wonderful Russian tortoise, Agrionemys horsfieldii. A great reference with links on nutrition, general care and breeding.
- H.E.A.R.T Help Endangered Animals - Ridley Turtles - Carole Allen's site.
- Turtle Trax A Page Devoted to Marine Turtles
Turtle and Tortoise Societies
- East Texas Herpetological Society ETHS is dedicated to the education of its members and the general public about the natural history, ecology, husbandry, conservation, proper care and treatment of reptiles and amphibians.
- California Turtle and Tortoise Society Dedicated to Turtle & Tortoise Preservation, Conservation, Study and Education, Since 1964.
- Chicago Herpetological Society The Chicago Herpetological Society is a group of reptile and amphibian enthusiasts. Its goals are education, conservation and the advancement of herpetology.
- New York Turtle and Tortoise Society is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the conservation, preservation of habitat, and the promotion of proper husbandry and captive propagation of turtles and tortoises.
- San Diego Turtle and Tortoise Society is a federally registered non-profit California Corporation comprised of individuals sharing a common interest in chelonians and is dedicated to the preservation of existing wild populations along with a better understanding and knowledge of care for those animals already in captivity.
- Dallas Forth Worth Turtle & Tortoise Club A site for those in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to come together, discuss and obtain a better understanding of care for our chelonians.
- American Tortoise Rescue is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1990 to rescue, rehabilitate, adopt and protect all species of tortoise and turtle.
- Herps of Texas - Turtles - University of Texas Includes distribution maps of Texas turtle and tortoise species.
- Amphibians and Reptiles of Texas - Texas A & M
- Texas Turtle Information By Carl J. Franklin, University of Texas at Arlington - dedicated to providing information regarding Texas turtles including biology, conservation, ecology, and natural history.
- A Checklist of Texas Wildlife
Scientific and Common Names of Texas Turtles
- Texas Tortoise
- Austin Reptile Services Austin Area Turtles - an Identification Guide
- Red Eared Slider
- Yellow Mud Turtle
- Texas Diamondback Terrapin
- Kemp's Ridley Sea Turtle
- The Center for Aquatic and Invasive Plants at the University of Florida
- US Department of Agriculture Plants Information. This site has a lot of information about plants, including a search function that helps you find common or scientific names for plants.