Here are some websites with good ideas for in-ground ponds and above ground ponds. Remember mature female aquatic turtles need access to land to lay eggs even if they have never been around a male. Almost all aquatic turtles will also need a basking area where they can get completely dry and bask in direct sunlight.
Before adding plants to your pond, be sure they are not toxic to turtles. A link is included below that will take you to toxic plant lists.
- Melissa Kaplan's Plants for Herps
- Creating a Backyard Wetland for Turtles- The Pond Doc
- Practical Water Gardens
- Planning and Digging Ponds for Dummies
- Colorado State Water Gardening
- Backyard Ponds- National Wildlife Federation
- Good Diagrams- A Backyard Pond Is Alive!
- Pond Contruction with Photos- Janice's Turtle Ponds